*Shipping is delayed as we are re-formulating our product, but you are still able to make purchases. As of 11/19, bottles will ship 3-5 days after purchase.
Thank you for your patience!
Buy 3 Magnesium Drinks & Get the 4th Free! - Make sure to click "4" on quantity to receive the 4th free!
Magnesium Bicarbonate is the most bio-available form of Magnesium on the planet. It is 80-90% absorbable and our "Master Mineral Drink" is manufactured with a 5 stage Co2 process to ensure full conversion of 750mg per ounce!
12 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water is used to make our Mg Bicarbonate.
We use glass 32oz Boston round bottles.
**Comes with a carbonated taste.
Magnesium bicarbonate was discovered by Dr. Russell Beckett, an Australian biochemist, and pathologist. This product was the result of years of anti-aging research that came together when a group of animals was identified in a remote area of southeastern Australia living 30-50% longer than other animals in the same region. After eliminating all other possibilities for longevity, the water was revealed to have an unusually high level of magnesium bicarbonate. Springs in the region that fed properties with the oldest cows had the most magnesium bicarbonate in the water.
Magnesium Bicarbonate is the only liquid form of magnesium and is impossible to get through food. It is an electrolyte salt that we used to get through our drinking water. Prior to modern, monoculture, and the Industrial Revolution, when our soils and water supply were pristine, contained 84 organic plant-based minerals in the food we ate and bicarbonate salts in the water we drank. In nature, magnesium bicarbonate was absorbed with water, into the bloodstream through the small intestine. No synthetic pill or even transdermal spray can be a replacement for magnesium bicarbonate. The majority of pills and powder forms of magnesium are secreted through the stool or urine.
After the military and industrial revolution and burning fossil fuels, we have sulfuric and nitric acid, two extremely corrosive acids that destroy our soils and mother nature’s natural cycle of clean water. In the picture below, you will see an example of before and after of a statue that has slowly deteriorated from acid rain. Imagine what these acids do when entering our body...
WHAT IS MAGNESIUM?
Magnesium is a mineral, minerals turn on enzymes (enzymes are keys to a car), and as one of the main electrolytes that runs the entire body controls over 3,700+ enzymatic reactions. Guess what our digestion, hormones, energy levels, sleep, recovery, production of hormone D, mood, focus, and pancreas need to function optimally?... You guessed correctly, MAGNESIUM. Our body is made of trillions of cells, each one runs of the energy currency called adenosine triphosphate (ATP), so when magnesium is not present, all systems of the body can begin shutting down or not functioning properly.
WHY IS EVERYONE DEFICIENT?
Our body stores magnesium up to 25,000mg like a reserve tank and there are many factors that deplete our stores. What we did not understand for many years was magnesium is the first mineral to leave the body under a stress response. Whether you get cut off in traffic, have a surgery, eat fried food, have a negative work environment, or supplementing calcium/iron/vitamin D, all deplete your magnesium reserve tank. It can be a physical, chemical, emotional, environmental, or nutritional stress we encounter unknowingly, which continues to take magnesium out of our bank. If you have done nothing to replenish it, soon your body goes bankrupt and symptoms slowly begin to show.
We live in an unnatural world with more stressors present than just 50 years ago that we call this the “magnesium burn rate”. It is important to learn about what habits or lifestyle choices can be causing a stress response internally to stop the dumping of this vital mineral, as well as begin replenishing our tank from all the years depletion! If you want to learn more about these stress-causing habits, we list over 20 you could be doing or have done to stop or at least mitigate in our anti-stress starter guide.
RECOMMENDED DAILY ALLOWANCE (RDA's)
The recommended adult daily allowance for magnesium is 360-420mg per day. But as with all RDAs, the recommendations were created for prison inmates to survive, NOT THRIVE! When we realize that is not enough to keep up with our “magnesium burn rate” (discussed above), the importance of getting more becomes a priority.
From our personal experience and working with hundreds of clients, getting at least 1-2 grams/daily or 1,000-2000mg a day is more effective. Making sure we are drinking magnesium bicarbonate at least 30-60 minutes away from food is crucial, especially if you are someone suffering from a sluggish metabolism. Magnesium bicarbonate can dilute stomach acid, creating more issues long term with improper digestion of foods.
Starting slow, diluting the serving size of 1-2 ounces in 32oz of clean, low TDS (total dissolved solids) water is preferred. Sip throughout the day, away from food. If you have loose stool, slow down the intake of water.
There are over 10 types of magnesium being touted to the public as nutritional supplements. Lactate, glycinate, malate, citrate, sulfate, chloride, oxide, carbonate, hydroxide, hydroxyl, orotate, chelate, taurate, and malate are the most common people take. The most bioavailable and natural form is magnesium bicarbonate.
In nature, we came in contact with organic magnesium (which plants converted into organic plant-based magnesium) in the food we ate and magnesium bicarbonate in the water we drank. Magnesium bicarbonate ion (HCO3) with the mineral magnesium hydroxide attached to it is an excellent base to buffer acids. This means the bicarbonate our body synthesizes will bind with magnesium hydroxide to produce magnesium bicarbonate.
- Crucial for production of proteins, enzymes, antioxidants (like glutathione), creation of DNA, and RNA.
- Magnesium is a cofactor for the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase, and when it does not work (or magnesium is not present), we cannot metabolize glucose. In turn, this increases the levels of lactic acid. Lactic acid is a known tumor promoter and initiator, detrimental in the long run and suppresses the utilization of oxygen in our cells.
- Without magnesium, we cannot properly use cholesterol to synthesize downstream hormones like testosterone, DHEA, & progesterone. Hence, a sign of magnesium deficiency is elevated cholesterol.
- Magnesium bicarbonate helps protect cells from heavy metal poisoning, such as aluminum, mercury, lead, cadmium, fluoride, etc., and may help with insomnia, headaches, and inflammation.
- Up to 90% of Americans have a severe magnesium deficiency, which is akin to diabetes, and it has been found to be at the root of many cardiovascular problems. Sufficient magnesium reserves may help increase memory, focus, and deep relaxation.
- Magnesium is needed for six out of the eight steps of the Krebs cycle in the mitochondria to produce energy. Remember, everything needs ENERGY!
- Drinking magnesium bicarbonate on an empty stomach actually stimulates the production of stomach acid (HCL).
SIGNS OF MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
Acid Reflux, Adrenal Fatigue, Alzheimer’s Disease, Angina, Anxiety/Panic Attacks, Arthritis, Asthma, Atherosclerosis, Blood Clots, Blood Disease, Brain Dysfunction, Bruxism (teeth grinding), Cholesterol Elevation, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Cystitis, Depression, Detoxification, Diabetes, Fatigue, Headaches, Heart Disease, Hypertension, Hypoglycemia, Indigestion, Inflammation, Insomnia, IBS, Kidney Disease, Kidney Stones, Migraine, Musculoskeletal Conditions (Fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, back pain, jaw tension), Nerve Problems (burning, numbness, paralysis, seizures, vertigo, etc), Obstetrical and gynecological problems (PMS, cramps, preeclampsia, Cerebral palsy, male infertility), Osteoporosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Raynaud's Syndrome, Sports Injuries, TMJ, Tooth Decay.
MISINFORMATION & HOW TO CHECK PROPER MAGNESIUM LEVELS
As Dr. Carolyn Dean discusses in her book, The Magnesium Miracle, her first 2 years of medical school was about diseases. In the second two years she studied drug treatments for those diseases. She spent no time on nutrient deficiencies. According to the magnesium expert Mildred Seelig, M.D., while a tremendous amount of magnesium research has been done in India, Britain, France and a number of other countries, doctors in the United States use the excuse that not enough research has been done here for them to feel informed enough to prescribe it. Dr. Seelig calls this the “not-invented-here syndrome”.
There are hundreds of ways that our bodies utilize magnesium, which makes it impossible for science to identify its “most important function”. This approach for looking for the single pivotal function of a supplement is based on the medical model of “one symptom, one diagnosis, one drug”. Science depends on this model to isolate one variable at a time for scientific testing, but they do not seem to realize that it would be unreasonable and impossible to limit food nutrients, such as magnesium in that way. Since it is involved in about 42% (3,751+) of the human body's enzymatic function and interacts with dozens of other nutrients like Vitamin D status, cholesterol, calcium, potassium, & sodium.
There are over 1,000 research papers authored by Drs. Burton and Bella Altura, providing the value of magnesium, but unfortunately seem to have done nothing to make the public aware of the importance of magnesium. Researchers will just keep getting funding to repeat the same studies and doctors will continue to ignore them because they never learned anything about the clinical application of magnesium in medical school. We all just have to dig a little bit more and be willing to grow and surpass our prior education/belief systems. People can do their own Magnesium RBC test as requestatest.com to fully understand where his/her levels are at. Serum blood tests are not a sufficient indicator of magnesium levels because it is supposed to be found intracellularly and not in the blood.
With any supplement or therapy you do, it will never be a quick fix. This is not a magic pill/drink, although it is a mineral that runs 42% of the human body, which can yield many results and benefits. For magnesium bicarbonate to work how it is intended too, we recommend 3 more vital pieces you focus on:
1. Download our trigger point guide @ www.mitigatestress.com and begin physically removing adhesions and knots that are blocking your body from properly hydrating your fascia, muscle, tissue, and vital organs. If you do not remove this stress, your magnesium levels will continue to plummet, leaving you frustrated and wasting your money.
2. You will find over 20 lifestyle habits that we highly encourage to ELIMINATE. The habits/choices we cover will continue pushing your body towards a stressed state, further depleting magnesium, and other vital minerals. All of the habits are free to stop, for ex: multivitamins, calcium pills, vitamin d3, plastics, poor posture, and drinking fluoridated water will strip your body of magnesium.
3. Make sure you are getting adequate potassium, sodium, and calcium in your daily nutritional habits. Salt foods to taste with Icelandic or sea salt. Focus on orange juice, potatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, coconut water, & ripe fruit. Get your calcium from raw dairy like cheese, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, and well-cooked greens.
Nick & Nathan